Open Innocell Project
- Created an online social network dedicated to the regions that functions as a digital space where regional managers could share and exchange information, ideas, comments and benchmark their regional development activities (because of the private nature of the shared information, only the members of the regions have access to the social network).
- Created a ‘digital link-library’ accessible online where all the regional managers could share relevant and useful information related to government 2.0, regional development and social media. We aimed at creating a place for knowledge sharing focusing on social media use at regional development level.
- Organized a series of online events during which keynotes where delivered by national and international speakers focusing on social media communications and new related technology. The aim was to rise the awareness of the latest possibilities offered by web 2.0 and how these can contribute to the regional government development activities.
- Organized a workshop in the “real world” (Helsinki) to educate regional managers on how, where and when social media can be utilized in their regions. The workshop addressed specific communications and management issues faced by the managers at regional level.
- The social network created counted members from each region and became the core center of the online regional activities concerning knowledge sharing.
- The digital link-library proved to be a valuable resource of information for all the regional representatives.
- Regional managers learned how to use and adopt social media tools in their regional development and management activities.
- This project led to further social media development projects at regional level in Finland.
- The Kauhajoki (Suupohja) region decided to create with itive a three year digital regional development strategy.
- The project received financing from the Finnish Government, Finnish regions and private inverstors.
Regional Managers at the Workshop in Helsinki
Open Innocell is a Government 2.0 development project that itive coordinated in Finland.
In 15 months itive helped 12 Finnish regional development organizations to improve their social media skills and implement the use of social media tools in the everyday activities of regional managers.
- Create an online environment that enables the regions to share their best practices.
- Develop regional organizations internal communications and work-flow to enable the implementation and use of social media.
- Increase the regional knowledge of social media to a level that guarantees the use of such tools & technologies in everyday regional activities.
- Actual implementation and use of social media at regional level by the managers.
Neville is one of the leading European early adopters, opinion-leaders and influencers in social media communication for business.
“Earlier this year, I worked with Andrea on an itive project in Finland that involved delivering an online seminar followed a few weeks later by a live online discussion. While both events went impressively smoothly, what struck in particular was Andrea’s sheer professionalism in devising the events and creating the framework that enabled me to participate seamlessly and confidently. It was a great pleasure working with Andrea and his colleagues and I’d not hesitate to do it again when the next opportunity arises.”
Do you have something in mind? Maybe we can help. Let’s talk about what we can create together…